A few messages:
* Stationery lists are available on the school website. Please send your child’s stationery to school as soon as possible. Covering your exercise books is highly recommended to ensure your child’s books stay in good condition.
* It is essential that you name your child’s uniform, including hats and shoes as lost property is very easily returned if it is labelled! As it gets hot, children will want to remove items of clothing so to encourage children to take responsibilty for their own belongings there is a basket at the main door for their uniform to go into.
* Homefun will begin in Week One, with reading books sent home from Week One also. If you would like to know more about the homework policy at Reremoana School, or any of the work we are doing in Room 16, feel free to pop by the classroom.
* Notices will be sent home on Thursday afternoons so please check your child’s book bag. School newsletters are available electronically either via email or on the school website. Please sign up at the office to receive the school newsletter via email if you haven’t already done so.
* As part of our school policy at Reremoana School we allow children to have a small, healthy snack to keep them going as they learn. We call this “Brainfood”. In Room 16, we have a short break in the middle of the first teaching block to have a snack, get a drink and go to the bathroom. Please ensure that your child has something appropriate to eat at this time. Some ideas are: Plain, unsalted popcorn, unsalted nuts, dried fruit (e.g. apricots, prunes, raisins), fresh, peeled and sliced fruit.
I am very excited about getting to know you and hope that you and your child are anticipating a brilliant year. If you wish to speak with me I will be available before and after school for a short chat, except Mondays and Tuesdays as we have staff meetings during those times. A great way to get in contact with me would be to leave a note in your child’s Homefun book if there is anything you would like to discuss. Alternatively if you would like a more formal appointment to discuss your child please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.